The Halal Accreditation Council is a not-for-profit organization registered under the Companies’ Act No. 7 of 2007 as a Company Limited by Guarantee. It focuses on providing services resulting from a professional management process guided by international best practices and contemporary corporate governance. The HAC is concerned with business continuity and sustainability in the long term and has also put in place proper, industry standard auditing mechanisms including independent third party audits and an internal audit committee to emphasize on transparency and accountability in all its activities.
• Incorporated by 11 founder members as company limited by Guarantee.
• Operations are carried out as not for profit.
• Staff of over 40 operating from Colombo and Kandy Office.
• Audits are carried out for over 120 companies in many locations across the country
• Our certification is recognized in most part of the world
• Most leading brands in the country are certified by HAC